Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 49

Dear Scarlet,

You are so totally completely awesome. You and I have been spending a large amount of time together. That's not unusual, it's just that your dad has been working REALLY hard this week. He has worked 8 straight 12+ hour shifts in the ICU (night shifts no less). Needless to say, your daddy has been working or sleeping for the last week and we haven't seen him much. Since he has been gone, I thought I would take the opportunity to teach you how to say "mama." I know that you are still really young. Afterall, you should only be five months old at this point in your life. I had seriously been working on this for the last two days pretty diligently. Tonight, while you were in the bath tub, I kept saying, "mama." I could see you processing the movement of my lips and the sounds coming out of my mouth. It was like you were studying every movement I made. Then all of a sudden out popped, "mamamama." I thought it was a fluke so I tried to get you to do it again. Yep, you did it again. I called your dad's phone and said, "Scarlet would like to tell you who she thinks is the coolest." Right on queue you said, "mamamama." See, you are quite spectacular. No, you are more than spectacular. You are by far the coolest, most amazing, fantastic, wonderful child I have ever laid eyes on. I just adore you.

Smitten,

Mama

p.s. I can't wait for you to be able to wear the moo moo Josh brought you from Hawaii. It is freaking adorable.

p.p.s. You are doing an amazing job at eating your squash. Next time you're going to sneeze though, could you please warn me so I don't get showered in orange goo? Thanks!

No comments: