Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 28

Dear Yesterday,

February 9, 2010.... "There's one... and there's two!" A year ago from yesterday was the day we found out we were expecting twins. That was such a magical moment. I remember lying on the exam table, holding Ryan's hand, and crying. I could do nothing to stop the flow of tears as I was overcome with such joy. Then the doctor turned the sound on and at that moment, everything was real. Two beating hearts. I heard it. Woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh. I miss it. A lot.

I spent many hours listening to those heartbeats, especially in the last month of pregnancy. There was a night when I was admitted to the hospital when I let the sound of Kingston's beating heart lull me to sleep. I never wanted it to end, but the reality of the situation was just the opposite. It would end sooner than I wanted. Reality bites.

I would love to be able to rewind life and re-live this moment over and over again. Things were perfect then. Life was fabulous. It would only be three short months from that time until we found out we would not get to bring both babies home from the hospital.

Yesterday, you will always be a significant day in my life. A day of great joy and celebration. Thank you for existing.

Love,

Ashley

No comments: